Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Tuesday 26 June 2012

A little OCD moment.

Had to do something about my ribbon collection. Especially after looking at all the links on this blog:

http://wookiemouse.blogspot.ca/search/label/ribbon

Started like this:



Took over an hour to remove them from their restrictive packaging. Boring and tedious. I used to think that I didn't like to open new spools because they stay so neat in their packages. After this morning, I know now that it is because I don't like to waste my time trying to get the plastic wrapping off.

Then the fun part. I sorted them by colour. Made cardboard dividers for their drawers and popped them back in the desk.



Took a  trip to town for some items for tomorrow's party. Ice, a bucket to hold the ice and bottled beverages, limes. Stopping at the best little used store in the country, I snagged a basket, silver plate pie server in "my" pattern, a plaque that says "carrots", a pepper shaped salsa bowl, terracotta pot, RETRO FABRIC!




Metal tray with a lovely summer scene. Ahhhh....



More retro fabric.








Was planning on buying four hanging baskets to go in the patio holders that son-in-law gave us. Found them on sale at 33% off so went home with six baskets for the price of four. You can never have too many flowers.




Time to done my scullery maid's ensemble and ensure the threshold beckons my guests with a gleaming welcome. Wish you were coming too.



No comments:

Post a Comment