Other places

Around the Block, August CKC

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sharity Shop part I

Do you remember, a ways back I announced I would be sharing a table with a friend at a rummage and craft sale? Well it is this weekend. And I have a few pretties to share with you.

First we put our names together to christen our little store for the day as "Sharity Shop"

The bulk of my sewing has been up-cycled t-shirts and tops made into reusable shopping bags. We call them "t-bags"
The off cuts from the t-bags are then sliced up and braided into doggie toys, called t-tuggies.
Have finished my second sweater coat.
A pillow pieced from vintage bedding.
And a pennant banner made from same.
Besides gently used children's books and clothes, my partner will bring many of her own hand made items.
Will report on the event with more photos, in "Sharity Shop part II"



3 comments:

  1. You've made some lovely things for your stall, looking forward to hearing all about it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of sales this weekend! Those are good ideas using shirts for bags and doggie toys.Thats a pretty pillow you made. I haven't been blogging since last august.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been very busy. I hope your stall will also be very busy. Love the coat.
    Can't wait to see how you did.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete